1 not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty; "grim determination"; "grim necessity"; "Russia's final hour, it seemed, approached with inexorable certainty"; "relentless persecution"; "the stern demands of parenthood" [syn: grim, relentless, stern, unappeasable, unforgiving, unrelenting]
2 not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course; unsusceptible to persuasion; "he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind"; "Cynthia was inexorable; she would have none of him"- W.Churchill; "an intransigent conservative opposed to every liberal tendancy" [syn: adamant, adamantine, intransigent]
Unable to be persuaded: relentless
Impossible to stop or prevent: inevitable
- Finnish: vääjäämätön
Inevitable derives from the Latin word vitare (to avoid) and the prefix in (meaning not or without). It refers to something that cannot be avoided.
- The Inevitable released "Squirrel Nut Zippers" in 1995.
- Da Inevitable was released by Koopsta Knicca.
- Inevitable is a song written by Shakira.
- Inevitable Alien Nation is the second album by Keoki.
- The Inevitable is an album by Cormega.
- The Inevitability of a Strange World was released in 2006 by Halifax.
- Mushroomhead released "Inevitable" in the album M3 in 1999.
- Anberlin released the song "Inevitable" in the album Cities in 2007
- xxxholic, Yuuko Ichihara : - "In This world there no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."
- The Matrix, Agent Smith (hearing the coming subway): - "Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."
- The Matrix Revolutions, Neo: - "You were right Smith. You're always right. It was inevitable."
- John F Kennedy: - "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
- Isaac Asimov: - "It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant."
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines T-500 : - "Judgement day is inevitable."
adamant, adamantine, bowelless, cast-iron, certain, cruel, dog-eat-dog, dogged, dour, fated, fateful, firm, flinty, fundamentalist, grim, hard, hard-core, harsh, heartless, hidebound, immobile, immovable, immutable, implacable, impliable, inclement, indefeasible, inelastic, ineluctable, inescapable, inevasible, inevitable, inflexible, intransigent, iron, ironbound, ironclad, ironhanded, irreconcilable, irresistible, irrevocable, merciless, muscle-bound, necessary, obdurate, obstinate, orthodox, pitiless, procrustean, purist, puristic, puritan, puritanic, relentless, remorseless, resistless, resolute, rigid, rigorist, rigoristic, rigorous, rock-ribbed, rockbound, ruthless, single-minded, steely, stern, stiff, straightlaced, straitlaced, stubborn, sure, sure as death, sure as fate, unaffected, unalterable, unavoidable, unbending, unchangeable, uncompassionate, uncompassioned, uncompromising, uncontrollable, undeflectable, unfeeling, unforgiving, ungiving, unmerciful, unmoved, unpitiful, unpitying, unpreventable, unrelenting, unremorseful, unstoppable, unsympathetic, unsympathizing, unyielding, without mercy